Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I like my landlady, she is 95 in a wheel chair, I have

Customer Question

I like my landlady , she is 95 in a wheel chair , I have rented for 10 years, in 2014 ,,the roof was badly damaged , lots of water came inside , damaged the master bedroom, MOLD grew! the ceiling was about to collapse , unsafe and UNHEALTHY, even bugs getting inside the house! in 2014 I could not move out because I lost my job , I had a big hardship financially , but the housing was awful , I complained , took photos. got estimates ....but the CONDO association , said THE LANDLADY responsible for repairs ...BUT THE CONDO asso is responsible for the ROOF ...I was caught in the middle ...for 2 years .,..I have severe allergies , and severe depression because of the toxicity...Do I sue the landlady or the board association for my suffering and their negligence?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

You can sue both the association and the landlady. It is not mutually exclusive.

In other words, sue both and let them each present their defense.