RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

After recieving a judgement for non payment of rent should

Customer Question

after recieving a judgement for non payment of rent should the teanate be given a notice to vacate the premissed and if so how much time will the teanate have to move?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you today.

If the tenant loses their case, the judge will sign an eviction order. At that point, a tenant has 7 days to vacate the premises or appeal the decision. If the tenant doesn't vacate, a landlord can ask the sheriff's office to come to the home and make the tenant leave. A landlord cannot however force a tenant out of the home without the sheriff's office present.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!