Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

BoA has held my property that I had to walk away from since

Customer Question

BoA has held my property that I had to walk away from since 2009. They have had me in Foreclosure-In-Progress for four of those years. It ha now been seven years and they refuse to finalize the process.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Bossier City, LA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: BoA filed to the LA courts to be allowed to retrieve the property. They have reported it on my credit report. I have complained through the CFPB and BoA lied to them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a disabled vet and desperately need to be able to purchase a home. I need this cleared.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Has the foreclosure already been completed and the property auctioned?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, the property has sat vacant since August of 2009. A sale was scheduled in 2011 (I saw it online), but was cancelled. It has been in the "Foreclosure-in-progress" status ever since. However, a letter I recently received from BoA said it only went into FIP this pas January, which is untrue. No sale is pending.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been told this same scenario is happening to thousands of Americans. BoA is purposely letting these properties sit becuase it is not worth it to them financially to take full possession. This smells of class action to me.

Unfortunately, it seems that BOA has already gotten a final judgment of foreclosure against you in the case (that's why it would show up in your credit report). After that point, they can pretty much take their sweet time in disposing of the property as they see fit.

Do you know if BOA has gotten a final judgment of foreclosure in your case?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have not. They are keeping it in the "in-process" stage. It has been, and still is, in-progress going on four years now. BoA replied to my CFPB complaint and lied, saying that it went into FIP this year, when it has been in FIP status since at least 2013.