Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I love at Diamondhead Condo on the beach. The building is

Customer Question

I love at Diamondhead Condo on the beach. The building is undergoing a massive concrete restoration project and installing new railings. They have taken everyone's shutters down, the old railings, and balconies are in various states of being demolished. It is a disaster area. The concrete people have agreed to board up everyone's sliding glass doors if a hurricane threatens, but they say they will only do it once. After that, threat or not, each person has to pay approximately $1600 to have their sliders boarded up. Can they do this? Isn't there a law that demands they protect our units when no one has hurricane shutters up? They did promise to protect the units, but that was likely just because they wanted the contract. Everyone is very upset and worried.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

How is this construction make the units more likely to be damaged in case of hurricane?

Please clarify.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have no hurricane shutters! They dismantled all of our shutters.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is taking too long. I want a refund.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is taking too long. Forget it. I want a refund, please.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, this late at night there are not many legal professionals that are working and I might not be able to respond to you right away, due to the fact that I might be helping another customer or had to step away from my computer.

Please let me know if you would like me to proceed with my answer?