Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I wish to foreclose on bare land. the original Note was for

Customer Question

I wish to foreclose on bare land. the original Note was for $550,000. the outstanding amount owed now is about $120,000. the debtor has made no monthly payments for more than one year. His partner begged me to delay any foreclosure auction until now.
One interesting complication in this matter is that I had been living part time on the property in an RV before the sale. We negotiated that if the Buyer asked me to move out before one year he would be obligated to pay me an additional $50,000. The catch; I was told verbally to move only 8 days after the COE, not informed in writing which the Note calls for. I documented this to the Buyer in writing at least 6 times and never received a reply. Can I take any action to get the $50,000? Jim Biales(###) ###-####**@******.*** thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me what state you are in here and is there a deed of trust?