Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am a retired veteran living in a senior citizen apartment

Customer Question

My name is***** ...I am a retired veteran living in a senior citizen apartment building. On 08/08/16 my apartment which is in the basement was flooded. I was instructed to leave my apartment so that Serv Pro could come get water up and bring in heaters. T he problem is there wasn't much to be done but I still left ,and in the process my 60" smart tv that I had taken down to re-hang screen was cracked , which I didn't find out until it was hung again ,and the manager of the building has photos showing that serv pro moved it and damaged it.There was over 20 heaters put in my apartment and ran for over 5 days 24hrs a day. All of my food that I had just shopped for was destroyed.I was told by the building manager that all damages , loss of food and electric bill was on me...I cannot afford the loss of any of this because of my limited funs.They wont even credit me time that I was forced out of my apartment.I'm at my wits end.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, what caused this flooding?