Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I was taken by a Lawyer from Ocwen Mortgage Co for late

Customer Question

I was taken by a Lawyer from Ocwen Mortgage Co for late payment. No action was taken but retainer money was given. Need help or assistance please
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The Illinois supreme court has a client protection program for people who feel as if they were defrauded by lawyers that took their money and did not perform any work. You can file a dispute with them to try to get your money back. If you wind up having to pay another lawyer more than this lawyer promised to hear the case for, you can also seek the difference.

https://www.iardc.org/clientprotection.html

As far as the foreclosure itself goes, we unfortunately cannot represent customers in court. The best thing to do is keep calling around or emailing lawyers and hopefully you can find someone.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you what should I do now

If you're looking for someone to represent you in the foreclosure, try www.martindale.com. If you're talking about with the first lawyer, click that link and file a Complaint.