Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I own my property for 47 yers. Now my neieor built in- law

Customer Question

I own my property for 47 yers . Now my neieor built in- law apt ,3 car garge. In the town of at East Bridgewater Ma. The town has 25 feet varance . They built clse too my property, 30". Trees growwin over fence ,6'. I need some leal help.
***@******.***
I,m diable , Ma. eye says BLIND
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the neighbor is encroaching on your property, then your recourse here is to file a civil lawsuit against them for trespass and "ejectment" to get an order from a judge forcing the neighbor to remove their personal property (i.e. the trees and garage) that are encroaching on your property.

.

But if they actually aren't on your land, but are just within the setback requirements, then your recourse is to contact any local Planning and Zoning office and file a formal complaint that they have violated the local building and zoning laws by building too close.

.

thanks

Also, if the trees are coming over the vertical property line, you can legally trim them back to the property line or sue the neighbor for "private nuisance" to force them to trim them back at their cost..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry Did,t say iam blind . taes a little longer. acifier goss

No worries.. If you have further questions or need me to clarify something, take your time and reply back to this thread.

.

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

.

thanks