Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Can you tell me what" non-monetary encumbrances are included

Customer Question

Can you tell me what " non-monetary encumbrances are included in addendum " means in relation to a contract for deed ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

To know for sure, I would have to see the Addendum as it would list the specific things. But they could be rights of way, recorded easements, utility easements, road easements, set back requirements, deed restrictions, etc.

.

You could normally view the overhead plat to see what types of encumbrances might be listed on the plat.

.

But the best way would be to have a title search done as that would turn up everything that might be an encumbrance on the property.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's just in all caps in the middle of the first page if the contract ...

Right... an Addendum is an additional piece of paper that is attached to the contract or an additional paragraph that is at the end of the contract.

.

So you need to see the actual Addendum..not just the part where the contract references an Addendum... that doesn't help much..

.

It could have some serious encumbrances that you need to be aware of before you agree to anything.... So you need to ask the seller for a copy of any Addendum that the contract is referring to.

.

.

thanks