MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My daughter and boyfriend bought a house together 4 years

Customer Question

My daughter and boyfriend bought a house together 4 years ago. They have recently broke up and he forced her to sign a quit claim deed. She is still on the mortgage. How does she get her name off of the mortgage? Someone said she would need a partition. What is that?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The only ways that she would be able to get her name off the mortgage would be for him to refinance the property under only his name or for them to sell the property and pay off the bank.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.