Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Is i illegal in fl to sell a house while concealing serious

Customer Question

is i illegal in fl to sell a house while concealing serious structrual and engineering faults (house has been condemned) during closing also is there a grace period like cars wher i can get out of this deal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm John. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. It is not legal to actively conceal serious issues regarding structure of a home and a seller must disclose all known defects. If they actively attempt to cover up a known issues this is fraud and grounds to terminate the contract or sue for misrepresentation and fraud.

There is not grace period like vehicles. There is what is called a contingency period that is set forth in the purchase and sale agreement and grants the buyer a certain amount of time to inspect the home and if problems arise close the transaction.

If that period is past. The buyer can terminate the contract however unless the seller is willing to be reasonable, may have to sue to have the earnest money returned. The grounds to sue is based on fraud and misrepresentation.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 month ago.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).