CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

My husband is a contractor 3/4 of the way through a job the

Customer Question

My husband is a contractor 3/4 of the way through a job the owners call and say we are firing you we decided to get the opinion of an architect and they disagree with the inspector that passed my husbands work now they are threatening to sue even after my husband offered to work with the architect to solve the problem what are his rights
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Your husband has a right to sue the owners for breach of contract - the owner cannot simply "fire" him and walk away, your husband has agreed to perform work as agreed, and they agreed to pay him for it.

He can file a civil lawsuit against them for breach and claim money damages against the owner.

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would like a call please

Dear Customer, I do not participate in the phone call program for the site, however, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions. (If you have questions about these additional services, you can contact our customer service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help)

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

I am happy to talk by phone but your payment is being blocked by your credit card company I think.

Dear Customer,

If you would kindly contact our Customer Service as there appears to be a problem with your account - they can usually remedy the issue with you very quickly (our forum updated our platform recently so there are a few "bugs" that are being worked out).

You can reach them here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Once that is resolved you will be able to get your phone call through the "Premium Services"