Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What is the statue of limitations on money borrowed on a

Customer Question

What is the statue of limitations on money borrowed on a home equity loan where the home was sold in a short sale, or foreclosure ?I thought all was settled when the home was sold. Note: The bank "Charged it off 7 years age and now is pestering with saying that I owe the entire amount.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When was the last time you made a payment on the HELOC?

Doug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2006/07
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can we talk on the phone?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry to have bothered you , I did not know this would be so difficult. Please do not charge my card . And I will sign off now. All I wanted is a quick answer. Have a good day,!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

I took a break and am back now. It is certainly not a problem. We can talk on the phone of you want and I will make that offer to you.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning,

Do you still want help?

Doug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you. Make sure this charge didn't go thru...thanks again. Please confirm
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

If you need assistance navigating the system or if you have billing questions, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

I'll opt out.

Doug