Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

Who is responsible for repairs to city sewer system located

Customer Question

Who is responsible for repairs to city sewer system located in public right of way and not in property owners land-the city or private owner
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using

Normally, property owners are responsible to maintain the sewer line from their building to where the pipe connects to the public sanitary sewer main. If the repair to be made is located in this but in a public right of way, it does not matter. It is still the responsibility of the property owner and not the city to make the repairs. If the repair is after the connection to the main then it is the cities responsibility to make the repairs.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.