ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

I bought a house from seller who's property was to be

Customer Question

I bought a house from seller who's property was to be foreclosed by Tax Rescue. There has an occupant in the property who claimed he had title. The title company I closed with claimed that was a "wild title". They closed the tile for me claiming it had clear title.
What do I do? I went to Justice of Peace to file eviction. the occupant went with his attorney claiming he had a bill of sale. The judge said he could not grant the eviction if the title has issues.
What do I do?
The occupant did pay anything for a number of years.
The property is in HOuston, tx
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The first thing that you need to do is contact the title company and let them know that this issue came up. Depending upon the specific wording of your title policy, they may handle the "quiet title" action. If not, you're going to have to file a "quiet title action". That means that when there's a legal issue pertaining to the title, a court has to rule on that matter, and for you to have clear title you have to have a quiet title deed. Again, having a title policy in place means that the title company might represent you in that matter and clear it up for you, which is why you need to contact them first. But if they wouldn't represent you in that matter, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with real estate cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get hold of a de end who will perform

I'm sorry, a "de end" (?) who will perform what?

Hello?

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only then I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!