Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I was renting to own a building. The building was Repoed by

Customer Question

I was renting to own a building . The building was Repoed by the company voluntarily . Some of my things were still in the storage building . I called the place of business and the lady said that a relative of mine signed a piece of paper stating he was to pick up all my property . I never said that .
I went to retrieve my stuff today and was notified that the relative bought the building and that all stuff was now his . I just want my stuff back . What do I need to do ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a problem. The owner of the building should could not have sold your personal property with the building. Therefore it still belongs to you. There are two ways to accomplish what you wish. The first is to gain legal entrance to the building, that is, get inside with the consent of whoever is managing it. Then use "self-help" and remove all your stuff yourself. The other method is to file suit in small claims court for recovery of your property. That the technical term is: "replevin". Local court will usually have forms for you to use. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully everything will work out okay.

I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.