Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

My house was foreclosed on January 5th and I've been

Customer Question

My house was foreclosed on January 5th and I've been fighting Wellsfargo ever sense. This is where I'm confused. They sent me a letter stating they have conveyed my house over to HUD and that if I had any questions I was to contact HUD not them.. I called HUD and learned they don't evict people and wouldn't 100% claim my house till wells removed me. They tried pulling that both an eviction and writ, but as I said I've been fighting and they know they are in the wrong. What do I do from here? Is there a way to claim my house at this time sense nobody will? I don't want to to loose my house. This seems to be a very odd situation.
I live in Houston Texas.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a confusing problem with your lender. You say that you have been fighting, but you don't say what it is you are fighting. You say that your house "was foreclosed on January 5". Exactly what does that mean?Have you have received notice of a Sheriff's sale of the property? The only way that Wells Fargo can transfer the property itself to HUD is after they have bought the property at a foreclosure sale. As you said yourself, this is a very odd situation. If a foreclosure suit has been filed, you should have a local Houston attorney review it and advise you as to what is actually happening.

I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.