WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

We are the lessor ,Walmart being the lessee is demanding a

Customer Question

We are the lessor ,Walmart being the lessee is demanding a mitigation fee to an out parcel user for curb cuts into a non exclusive driveway servitude that lessor gave to Walmart
The fee is being explained by Walmart as mitigation for negative impact to their Supercenter located in Chalmette, LA. The fee is $200,000.
We are selling the subject out parcel to a retailer.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The buyer of the out parcel of course needs utility hook ups .
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 months ago.

I would fight Walmart on this one, but you really need a lawyer in Louisiana becauuse Walmart is such deep pockets they will keep wearing you down and down. Of course, you are in the right and will prevail, but for the amount of money involved, you would be wise to have a real estate lawyer in Chalmette fighting for you. By the way, I know Chalmette and it is lovely there.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.