Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am looking for specific case laws in the State of Texas

Customer Question

I am looking for specific case laws in the State of Texas that confirms real property title is the best evidence of ownership.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, trying to research.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I am not sure I understand your question. Title to property is conveyed by a deed. There are different types of deeds. A quit claim deed makes no warranties with regard to title as opposed to a warranty deed. This link sets out the different type of deeds and the warranties that go with them as far as title is considered. http://www.lonestarlandlaw.com/deeds_in_texas.html

When you say title are you referring to the deed? Are you asking about whether the title is free and clear of any liens?

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Are you asking about the "Best evidence doctrine" under TRE 1002 and 1003?