Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

In texas.live and own top story of two story condo. My ruber

Customer Question

In texas.live and own top story of two story condo. My ruber ac condensation line as well as the downstairs units run in to a metal sewer connecton held in place by duct tape.
The metal sewer line is joined a foot or so away with a metal line servicing two sinks, one in each unit before going down a foot or two in to the concrete foundation.
This metal junction is what was clogged and caused a back up in to the low unit leaking at the duct tape connection.
The unit below has been vacant for some time, that is why it was not noticed right away.
I under stand liability would depend on the wording of the HOA rules so my question is more about the metal pipe and if it would be considered part of the common building or not? In the "unit" but behind the walls. Also if the duct tape connection changes anything our if that is normal practice. And one last question is if the fact that my rubber a.c. Line was observed to be flowing but pretty dirty as well could make a difference.
The condos were built in the 1969
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,