Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I HAVE AN ASSESSMENT FOR 334.13 FOR A SMALL OIL SPOT IN MY

Customer Question

I HAVE AN ASSESSMENT FOR 334.13 FOR A SMALL OIL SPOT IN MY PARKING SPACE . I WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DAMAGE . THE PERSON WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DAMAGE. PAYE 750 DOLLARS FOR HIS DAMAGE . HE USED MY SPACE ON WEEKENDS WHEN I WAS AWAY. THEY NEVER NOTIFIED ME THAT THEY WERE GOING TO REPAIR IT. THEY NOW ARE SENDING IT TO OUR CONDOMINIUM LAWYER FOR MY Payment.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: the state of florida and the condo owns the parking space which is given to me as a condo owner
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i notified the assocation at the time of the incident and they know at the time it was not my fault
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Why is the HOA asking for more money now if they already received $750? Do they have proof that's what it cost to remove the spot?

Do you know if they signed a release with the person who damaged the spot when he paid them?