Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

California, Orange County Unlawful Detainer - After final

Customer Question

California, Orange County
Unlawful Detainer - After final judgement Landlord accepted money less than total amount due and I was evicted from property. He kept the money and solicited more.
I needed 2 more hours (banks to open) for full 'Trans Lux' amount and had always paid on time. Fact is I had full amount previous day but work commitments prevented getting the cash.
Also I was mislead by landlord about eviction proceedings or I would have stopped the process much sooner preventing last minute panic.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A recent divorce and business startup = short term cash flow problem. Converting fixed assets to cash can take time. I'm a working professional not a deadbeat. I assured LL of my ability to pay in full plus penalty, said he'd "work with me". I believed that up until the Sheriff arrived. Now the LL is sitting on all my possessions. Currently milking me $100/day for 'Storage'.
LL said eviction process was for his protection in case I refused to pay, no problem. Always insisted I would pay in full.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Convinced this guy is a predator, he should be stopped.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm convinced if I was $1 short of 'Trans Lux' he would have kept money and evicted anyway.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need an answer now!
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 3 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. I am having difficulty understanding your question. Can you explain how you were mislead. who is a predator and what the question is that you would like answered? It would be my pleasure to assist you if you can tell me how I can be of service to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Forget it - i got it - I'm faster than you -
I needed a 'Motion to Vacate' - got it done - on my way to the Clerk.
To answer your question the Landlord manipulated the eviction process. We acted in good faith and would have paid in full plus penalty. With one month left on our lease Landlord was attempting to keep Sec Deposit / Last Months Rent (given at lease signing) and collect on past due rent - then still evict us and charge 100 / day storage.
What a dirtbag..You have no idea the shit this guy pulled. I never knew or expected this behavior from a human being..the world would be a better place if he was not in it. He messed with the wrong person this time though..we will use the extent of the law, every instrument. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.....Breach of Contract, Damages...I'll hit him with one every other month and squat on his property for a year and not pay a penny rent. Maybe right a book, he's pathetic.
Example: the washing machine..prior to lease - washer has plastic splash collar to top of wash drum. This is bonded to the metal drum during manufacturing. Had become detached from drum..tremendous noise in spin cycle as drum tries to accelerate free floating 3Lb platic collar. - ok i can stop that with some zip ties. after signing lease i notice central agitator is not moving...at all. The washer fills with water...the clothes sit in this filthy water and.....nothing moves...then drains...then fills..nothing moves..then spin....ta dah...WTF. So I ask Don WTF you didn't tell me about that. To which he responds..now get this.."Well the new machines don't have agitators" WTF,,WTF..This is not a new machine you pea brain it was designed to have an agitator. What an idiot - I got to the local Sears store get the part needed to fix the agitator and install. Part cost $8.00...eight bucks..are you kidding me. He lived in the house 20 years and wouldn't spend eight bucks to at least fix the agitator..anyway I got 100 more of these.."All the walls?" - add for rent said - paint interior you pick the colors. So i picked 5..
No Don just one or two you f**khead..then he waters down the paint so much it comes off when I try to remove fingerprint with cloth, dish soap and water..

I just was notified of the question and responded the minute I became aware of your question. As far as the information you presented I was unable to ascertain exactly what you needed but I am happy that you were able to figure it out.