Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Does a woman after divorce have a right to half of the

Customer Question

Does a woman after divorce have a right to half of the property if her name is ***** ***** the deed?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: former wife and children occupy house at present
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

When was the property purchased - before or after marriage? If after marriage, then was it purchased with money earned during the marriage, or an inheritance by the husband?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.