Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

When can I back out of a contract to buy a house. We found a

Customer Question

When can I back out of a contract to buy a house. We found a structural code defect and are not comfortable with going through with the sale if it is not repaired. The relocation company that owns the house will not fix the problem. They offered 3200 in repairs to cover the other issues in the house but would not address the structural defect. We accepted the 3200 but are now worried that we will be stuck with a costly repair if we were to sell the house in the future. We would have to discolse that defect on our seller's disclosure. They have 9,100 in Ernest money. Would we looose that aslo and possibley be sued for specific performance of the contract? We are due to close next Wednesday.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Does the contract limit your liability to the forfeiture of the deposit (liquidated damages).

Did you release the inspection contingency?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?