Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

If a title to a trailer has 2 people names on it one person

Customer Question

If a title to a trailer has 2 people names on it one person purchased it and the one that paid for it dies how do I claim the trailer back as its on my line of credit
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

When a person dies, his interest in the trailer passes to his estate. The person who is assigned to administer the estate by the probate court they has the ability to sign off on any paperwork to transfer title from the the two people who were originally named as owners on the trailer to the now one living owner.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.