Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

In the state of Missouri, tenant did not give proper notice

Customer Question

In the state of Missouri, tenant did not give proper notice of vacating premises and there is rent still due, can I request personal property to be left on premises for payment?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

You can request it but there is no way to legally enforce it without an order of the court requiring them to do so and the chances of the judge requiring it are not great. If the judge decide that they will consider it then you will have to issue a bond, etc.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.