CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

My wife rented a budget moveing truck and i lost the keys we

Customer Question

my wife rented a budget moveing truck and i lost the keys we contaked the peple at budg were we got the truck and told them what hapend they sent someone out to pic it up just to find out that it was gone.we did not know this antill they contaced us and told us the truck is not there . soo i whent back to the place it was when i lost the keys . i talked to a man named ronny he said a mane named terry regg took it said that someone let him use it well a fue days later i traked donw this terry regg and ask him about the truck he said he put iyt back 4hrs later when i whent back to see ronny agen he said that terry took it about 3;oop and he never seen it come back cuz ronny live there on property . soo i got a hold of budg and told them this now they said they are going to put a warrent out for my wife what can we do please help us
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: las vegas nevada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no we dont got any money we are just berly geting by
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Have you contacted the police department to report the theft of the truck?

(The individuals who are driving the truck that your wife rented are doing so without your permission - this is vehicle theft).

Unfortunately, without you acting on this, the rental company has no other option than to assume that you are complicit in the theft of their equipment.

If you know these individuals, you may want to let them know that law enforcement is coming and that the truck needs to be back immediately and with no damage or the trucking company will be making referrals for arrests (you don't need to tell them that you are the one that is going to be calling the cops on them).