Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Ex will not sign a quit claim deed. He left the home/family

Customer Question

Ex will not sign a quit claim deed. He left the home/family in 2014. Can I get the courts to force his hand in signing a quit claim? He doesn't pay anything towards the home and doesn't live there. House is in a community that doesn't support fha or va loans, (harder to sell) is valued at/about 80k Maybe 110k, and is a balloon. We owe 190K. I am to refi in Jan 2018, however, not possible. Would a short sale be the better option? I'm close to heading into foreclosure as well. Please advise!
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the situation driving the foreclosure?
Customer: Maryland, anne arundel co. And He doesn't pay support for kids, so I get no help with the finances.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Divorce was final Jan 2015, i have use and possession until Jan 2018. As far as paperwork.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure, I think that was all I can think of.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did the divorce decree order him to sign over a quitclaim deed to you?

.

Was he ordered to pay child support in the divorce?

.

.

thanks