Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

I have consistent used the front of my neighbors property

Customer Question

I have consistent used the front of my neighbors property for ingress and egress to my own property in excess of 10-years. He is now planning on erecting a fence across that portion of his property. Do I have any rights or recourse? I am a senior citizen with limited means so cannot hire an attorney at this time. Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have any other way to access your property without using your neighbor's property?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but compounding issues are that I will lose mail and trash services as the vehicles have no way of turning around. I am located in an unincorporated area in Arizona
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing more to add at this time

Thank you for your follow up.

Why would you use the mail and trash service?

Are you saying that the mail and garbage trucks won't be able to access your property?

Can you please explain?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No disrespect but are you serious with the question about why I need mail and trash services? I need mail delivery and due to the nature of being in an unincorporated area we do not have city services and must purchase trash services privately. I have no other way of disposing of my trash. The property has septic and electric.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is insufficient room for the vehicles to turn around and the street runs west to east, thereby eliminating the ability of the mail delivery person to deposit mail in the mail box. The supervisor at the mail station has advised that mail delivery will stop once the fence is erected. The closest mail box for rental is 18-miles away and I do not own a car. Plus, due to my limited financial circumstance, sadly I cannot afford to rent a mailbox.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Roads are Unpaved in this area and the street that I am accessing through my neighbors property is maintained and graded regularly by the County. I ride a three wheeled motorcycle and the other road is very difficult to traverse on my bike

I am sorry, but I won't be able to further assist you, so I will opt-out of your question, at no charge to you and will open your question up for other legal professionals to review.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

No worries.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi...My previous comment was posted in error due to a system error. But, I see your prior expert has opted out. Would you like me to assist you? I'll be happy to do so.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be logging off for the evening.. Should you have follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return in the morning. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.