Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

Thank you, my agent said while the earnst money is being

Customer Question

thank you, ***** ***** said while the earnst money is being held till the buyers agent and buyer signs I cannot take a contract or accept earnst money on new contract till cleared out??true or not
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA.Ray here to help you again.

I disagree with that.You need to focus on the tittle company , you can force them to decide the matter if there is disagreement.Your realtor can take contingent offers if you have too here.I sure would consider a lawyer here, you sue title company if they don't release funds and buyer for breach of contract.You can seek legal fees and costs in all of this.But you can put the house back on the market.If you have to fire the realtor here too.You cannot be held prisoner by the buyer once contract and extensions have expired.

Thanks for the follow up.