Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I am in a foreclosure law suit, I file the summons response

Customer Question

Hello there,
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am in a foreclosure law suit, I file the summons response within the required 20 days. I settle for the amount owed for the association, I have the estppel letter for the settlement which I will make payment on Wednesday, but the issue is that I received today a letter by email of Notice of dropping defendants which include my wife and I, and a motion for default against my 2nd mortgage bank wachovia for not submitting information withing the 30 days. What does this mean ? the fact that my wife and I were dropped got me confused.
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the situation driving the foreclosure?
Customer: fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I just explained
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 months ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I am an attorney with 28 years of experience and it will be my pleasure to assist you. What the discussion above was trying to ask you is what state your question pertains to.
The laws very from state to state.
From what you are telling me it sounds as though Wachovia was included in the Asdociation foreclosure and they failed to file any response. You and your wife no longer are named in the suit but it sounds like a default judgment went against Wachovia which is unhelpful to us if it shows up as a judgment lien against your propety. We will want to make sure that nothing has been filed by the association with regard to Wachovia against your property.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Did you have any further questions on this?