Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a case that I can not find a lawyer to defend. my

Customer Question

HI, my name is ***** ***** I have a case that I can not find a lawyer to defend. my home is melted due to the low e windows next door. he has been given solutions by the commissioner of code here in the Worcester ma are area which would help the melting and he refuses to put the full screens on his house so I can fix mine. he was given full screens by Harvey industries to rectify the problem so I can fix my home. He refuses to do it. I have been told to go after him through a nusisance law suit and tortious interference. I am at the end of my rope with paying 5000.00 in taxes that is destroyed
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: mass
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have spoken to several and no one wants to defend this suit. I have spent hours reading about the pros and cons on the web about melted vinyl siding, I have been in front of the BBRS 4 times. they have issues a revistorory order about these windows but nothing was been done. Rob Anderson of the BBRS went to Harvey Windows and got the screens for nothing for him and he is just a jerk and will not put them on. My home is destroyed. I have gone through 6 ac units because of the heat which is 238 degrees on my house. I now have birds nesting in the melted siding which is becoming a health issues. I have been told instead of going after him with the windows go after him under the nuisance law
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: my health is emotional and physical because of this mess. I am a widow and fighting this on my own
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is a problem that is happening all over the country and there is no solution unless the homeowner puts full screens on their homes. I have been told by 2 legal expects and the law librarian that the nuisance law is the way to go, I was also told that using the toiturous? statue would also be another way to approach this. I have had contractors here and reps from Hardi Board products and until the windows have screens on them no one will touch the job or guaranty or warranty the product or work.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, we need you to clarify what is going on and what you have done already.
You own this house? This dispute is with a contractor?
Why are people telling you this is a nuisance if this is a defective product issue?
Can you please try to simplify your facts for us so we can follow what is going on?