Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Clayton homes has continuously lied to us, now, before it's

Customer Question

Clayton homes has continuously lied to us, now, before it's too late, can I sue them? They have my deed to my property and $3000.00. We signed paperwork for our house Nov 2015 were told we would be in our house by May, then June then Aug then Sept and at this time there is no way we will be in our house till sometime in Oct... Maybe. Now after reading so many complaints that are similar to my situation, I just want to fire them and get my money and deed back
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What does your written contract state about a time for delivery of the home?

.

Is there anything in the contract that gives them an extension from the original due date?

.

What is it that you would like to have happen here?

.

.

thanks