DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

Can I purchase a foreclosed home from the bank that

Customer Question

Can I purchase a foreclosed home from the bank that foreclosed on the house without going through a real estate agent? Also based on the price of the home when purchased 5 yrs ago, what can I expect to pay. What closing costs are involved if purchased from the bank. In the state of Missouri, does the home owner have any rights of redemption to pay all back fees interest etc and still keep the home. Foreclosure to the owner was just done. on Aug. 11th
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

You do not need to go through a real estate agent. You should look at the value of the houses today not what they were 5 years ago. A lot of times you can get a little better deal with a bank-owned home. Especially if they don't have to put any money into it. The closing costs if purchasing from a bank are the same as if from a person. The fact that the bank is the seller does not change the transaction at all. You will still get a mortgage from another bank to pay for the house (unless you are paying cash). Homeowner has no redemption rights after a foreclosure.

Any further questions?

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.

Sorry, I misspoke. In Missouri, there is a homeowner right to redemption. The homeowner must make this election with 10 days of the foreclosure however.