Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

WHAT IS THE TIME LIMIT FOR SIGNING THE "CLOSING DOCUMENTS"?

Customer Question

JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. The Builder is an attorney.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, the house we are buying is a house he built. So he is a Builder/Developer and he is also an Attorney. He wrote the Purchase agreement and did not give it to us until the evening we signed it. When we were able to sit down ans read it we learned that we had "
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ,,no, say in ANYTHING. He actually tricked us into buying the house
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

The closing deadline would be defined in the contract and that is when the documents would need to be signed, unless the contract reserved that for later agreement. In other words, the contract would say when the closing would be, or that the parties agree to close at a time and place to be mutually agreed.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.