Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

I purchased a used washer and dryer set from a used

Customer Question

I purchased a used washer and dryer set from a used appliance store. Wanted a large capacity dryer they could not tell us howlarge the capacity was( which could have eaisily been found on line.) Once home measured current dryer and found it to be larger than the one we purchased. Contacted store within 72 hours to cancel sale nothing had been done at this point on their end no delivery no load-up. They say that it will cost me a 20% restocking fee and a processing fee. Is this possible right since they have done nothing and it is within the 72 hour cancellation time.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They have already recieved our payment for 325.00
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. Let's begin. Okay?

The answer may be what you do not want to hear. Are you okay with that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
would just like answer

There's no right to cancel contracts or purchase agreements in Indiana. Whether you can receive a refund is dependent on the retailer's return and refund policies. On a Federal basis, the right to cancel for a full refund extends until midnight of the third business day after the sale. The rule applies to sales at the buyer's home or workplace, at facilities rented by the seller on a temporary basis, or at locations otherwise away from the seller's normal retail location.