Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I lived in this property for 2 &1/2 years, was paying

Customer Question

I lived in this property for 2 &1/2 years, was paying 1,535.00 per month and never missed a payment , but when I moved after submitting a 30 day notice, I was still charged an additional months rent and ended up owing this company 2,700.00 even after my deposit of 1,395.00 was deducted. I'm not saying I don't owe but I know there are several charges that are false and untrue. I'm 62 and this will hurt my credit because we are to purchase a house this year. A collection agency has my account and I didn't get no response from the rental company
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me: What are you attempting to do here? Simply have the collection agency leave you alone? Have them take this off your credit? Etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.