DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I live in AZ, have owned my combo for 17 years was told no

Customer Question

I live in AZ, have owned my combo for 17 years was told no pools on the patio. Now someone has a pool on there patio that hold 180 gallons of water. I complained the said because there is nothing in the CCR about it they can have it. We have a community pool. Wasting water on a pool on the patio will increase our HOH fees. Is there anything I can do to get them to get rid of the pool?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

No, if it is not restricted by the CC&Rs, there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you can get enough people on board to change the CC&Rs.

Also, I am confused how water will cost the HOA money, doesn't each homeowner pay their own water bills?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Our association fee includes our water bill. So I don't pay a water bill, just the association fee.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The higher our water bill goes so does our association fee
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Oh interesting. Ok, so it seems like others would be bothered by the same thing and you can perhaps convince the board to pass a resolution saying no pools allowed. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've tried they say to expensive to change the ccr
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Geez, well then you are stuck until you get board members who want to do it unfortunately.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Please kindly rate the question so it may be closed and I may be credited.