Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I rented a room from my landlord. There was one other person

Customer Question

I rented a room from my landlord. There was one other person renting the other room. After about a month the roommate had his girl friend move in and then the problems started.He didn't want me in the kitchen when he or his girlfriend were in there.He busted the air conditioner in the living room. He harassed me with threats(I ( had the police here four times because of loud music and psychical violence)He also shut the hot water off and turned it on when he or his girl friend took a shower.The landlord seems to be on his side. He has since moved next door and a new roommate moved in. I get along fine with. the day he moved out the hot water came back.I didn't think of checking the switch.
My landlord also wanted a additional 50 dollars for the electric even though I let him know that the roommate and the girl friend, left lights on, used all four burners on the stove and she kept the air conditioner in their room on all day. She does not work. When I refused to pay the 50 dollars he (landlord shut the electric off by not paying until I gave him the 50 dollars. Finally, a chair in the kitchen broke, and the roommate said I broke it. I don't know if I did or not but there are three people or there were three people living here.I think the cost of the chair(50 dollars) should be split.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. Let's begin. Okay?