Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My 2017 property taxes increased substantially. I own a town

Customer Question

My 2017 property taxes increased substantially. I own a town house that is attached to the house next door - similar to a duplex side by side - and the owner of that house just painted his house lemon yellow with egg yolk yellow trim. I believe this hideous color has substantially lowered the value of my house, as well as making it next to impossible to ever sell it for even the assessed value let alone what it was worth before the hideous paint job. I would like any advice regarding this problem. My property is zero lot zoned, located in the city of seattle, 2 car attached garage, 4 bedroom 2 bath with a finished basement 1 bed room 1 bath kitchen, laundry with separate entrance, and currently assessed at 398,000 making the actual selling price more than 600,000 as much smaller properties next door just sold for 550,000 2 bedroom 2 bath. Thank you deb valentine
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry I have not responded but I believe in the interim I answered my own question.
Thank you