RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I received a "Notice to Vacate Immediately"on August 16. It

Customer Question

I received a "Notice to Vacate Immediately"on August 16 . It was taped to my door by the Sheriff Department. It states if by 8 AM on 08-24-2016 i have not vacated the premises Sheriff's Deputies will appear to perform an eviction. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. Prior to this, did the landlord file for eviction with the court? Did you get served with anything?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I met with their attorney and signed a consent judgment rent and possession. It did state that if any payment is not made when due plaintiff may execute on this judgment without further notice.

Thank you. Yes, if that happened, then they would have a right to proceed in this manner. At this time, the only thing you could do is 1) call the landlord or their attorney and try and resolve this and propose a new settlement or 2) file an emergency motion with the court, asking the Judge to stop this. For that to happen, you would need to show good cause and a legal basis, for it to happen, since the landlord would have a legal right to the property.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!