California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
19551178

What are the steps of listing a newly built house? This

Customer Question

What are the steps of listing a newly built house? This house was never there. I bought the land and built the house on it and now planning to sell it? Do I need to record the new home in the county under my name first (as previously only the land was on my name) and then list it for selling? Property is in California under Santa Clara County.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

I will try and help with this. My first question is did you pull all the required permits for the new construction?

DCG

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All the permits been pulled an all the inspections were done except the final inspection.

Ok, good. Assuming the construction was all permitted you are fine there. I know of no requirement (or way for that matter) that a house be separately recorded from the property it sits on. The house is now part of the real property (just like a newly planted tree). The permits should have given the county the necessary information for tax purposes, so all you should have to do is list the property as usual, period. Just now it has a house on it.

I hope this helps.

DCG