Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Can a homeowner association fine a homeowner for violating

Customer Question

Can a homeowner association fine a homeowner for violating covenants and collect?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.

Yes. When the covenants conditions and bylaws have been correctly prepared. Usually the failure to pay fines can result in a lien against the home, which will prevent a sale of the home until it is paid. Some states even permit foreclosure to collect fines, so please be careful.

I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.