Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

Can a city build a building with no rideaway I understand

Customer Question

can a city build a building with no rideaway I understand that 2 buildings can share a common wall between them but does there not have to be a certain amount to space from street to building both front and rear of the building? Thus would be in Alabama.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

If the city builds a building, it must follow the zoning rules and regulations just like anyone else. There is no statewide rule or regulation regarding this. The plat of each area is recorded with the county recorder, so you can look up the exact requirements for a specific property in your County zoning office.

I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.