Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

We recently purchased some property with a mobile home. We

Customer Question

Hello. We recently purchased some property with a mobile home. We are trying to sell the mobile home, but we are trying to figure out how the property needs to be listed. It is listed as REAL property on the SOL I have. The buyers are moving it to a new location. Right now I'm not 100% sure if they own the property or if it's owned by their parents. TEXAS
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: They are planning to remodel it, live in it for less than 5 years, then sell it (to be moved to a new location).
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. We were not sure if we needed to do that or just get the SOL transferred and handle the money ourselves.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We own the property in full...no loan or anything.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In order for them to list it as real property, what has to be done as far as paperwork? Also it says that the mobile home must be "permanent". What has to be done for it to be considered permanent? What are the pros/cons of real vs. personal property?
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

What state is involved and was there a title with the trailer separate from the deed??

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

The reason I am asking here is that normally trailers in Texas come with a title like a car.When people buy the land and then sell it they normally retire the trailer title and it normally becomes part of the land--the words the land and all improvements thereon include the trailer .So if it was retired you would have to go back and retitle it.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You can check for the title status here

http://mhweb.tdhca.state.tx.us/mhweb/title_view.jsp

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Terminology has changed

After June 2003, SB 521 replaced the Certificate of Title with the Statement of Ownership and Location (SOL). The SOL is a statement of the information contained in the Department official record for a manufactured home. Because the SOL simply confirms the Department official record, no document of title is needed to evidence ownership. If the Department record states that someone owns a manufactured home that record is conclusive evidence of such until and unless the record is changed.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Application to get SOL(title) transferred..

https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/docs/1023-applsol.pdf

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Call here, check on the SOL and then what you need to sell it here

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 12489
Austin, Texas###-##-####/p>

Physical Location:
Twin Towers Office Center
1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 270W
Austin, Texas 78723

Titling Assistance

Customer Service:
Direct Dial -(###) ###-####br />Toll Free -(###) ###-####/strong>
SOL Processing Fax -(###) ###-####br />Email: *****@******.***

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Thanks so much if you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.