J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

How can my daughter transfer her house and mortgage to her

Customer Question

How can my daughter transfer her house and mortgage to her mother
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Your Daughter could transfer title to her house but can not transfer the mortgage without approval by the bank and essentially her mother being the borrower. There is no way for her to unilaterally transfer a mortgage without lender approval.

It would not be advisable for her to transfer the interest in her property to her mother. While this can be done, it can accelerate the loan and the lender could call the entire balance due. In addition, she gives away her interest but would remain liable on the loan.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).