Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

We live in and are buying a 2nd home in SC. We will be

Customer Question

Good morning. We live in Virginia and are buying a 2nd home in SC. We will be renting this 2nd home and I was told to set up an LLC and run it as a management company to protect our personal assets, etc. Should I set up the LLC in Virginia or SC? Thanks
Pam Fisne
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

If you set it up, i.e. register and created with the South Carolina Secretary of State, then you will not have to register a foreign LLC (Virginia) in South Carolina. There is only a six dollar difference in filing fees, but Virginia's annual fee is $50 vs South Carolina's $10. Therefore I vote for South Carolina.

I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER