How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40005
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file an Order with a Texas County District Clerk's

Customer Question

I need to file an Order with a Texas County District Clerk's Office to have excess funds released from the proceedings of a real estate property foreclosure...
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My phone # is(###) ###-####..
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Here Texas has nonjudicial foreclosure sales by a trustee.You would make demand by letter as owner here to the trustee to refund the surplus funds.The County or District Clerks offices here do not hold the funds.

If the Trustee will not refund the surplus here you have to file a declaratory judgment to force their release.

Here is a Texas case that explains the declaratory suit process for such a situation.The trustee here in most cases just refunds them to you here upon written demand here in our state in my experience.

You cannot find the Order forms because this is not the process here in Texas.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

From the case

Appellees filed this declaratory judgment action pursuant to Chapter 37 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code seeking a declaration that (1) they were entitled to the surplus foreclosure proceeds as holders of the equity of redemption, and (2) Conversion Properties's subrogation claims were invalid. Conversion Properties filed a counterclaim requesting contrary declarations.

Related Real Estate Law Questions