Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I am purchasing a mobile home on cfd and the owners have not

Customer Question

I am purchasing a mobile home on cfd and the owners have not transferred the mobile home title or the warranty deed into their name. So the original owner was wondering if she can get duplicate titles and transfer them into my name. I also have paid the property taxes for the first half of this year.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

Who are you going to have the original owner transfer title to, you or the people you are buying it from? It sounds like the people that you are buying it from might give you problems when it comes time for them to transfer title to you, so be careful. You might consider setting up some kind of an escrow arrangement with an attorney or someone who can hold the necessary papers while your CFD is being paid off.

I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.