Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

Is it ethical to defend. Landlord and tenant at the same

Customer Question

Is it ethical to defend. Landlord and tenant at the same time
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It is not! Both parties would have to waive the conflict of interest for someone to resolve an issue involving both parties as there is a clear conflict of interest. A conflict of interest is a situation in which a person or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which COULD POSSIBLY corrupt the motivation of the individual or organization. The presence of a conflict of interest is INDEPENDENT of the ACTUAL occurrence of impropriety. Rather, a conflict of interest is a set of circumstances that CREATES A RISK that professional judgment or actions regarding a one interest COULD BE UNDULY INFLUENCED by a second interest. This is clearly the situation in this case.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What. Is the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for following up. I see that you have requested a phone call. I tried to accept your request, but received the following message which prevented me from doing so: "Status: payment failure." I'm sorry!